It’s no secret - our mums are incredible. Whilst we try and remember to show them love and appreciation each and every day of the year, Mother’s Day is all about making the leading ladies in our life feel that *extra* bit special. Look no further, we’ve compiled a list of activities that will truly leave your mum feeling like the queen that she is. Or, if you’re a mum and deserve a little special treatment, then we suggest strategically leaving this page open on your computer…
1. Start the day with lattés, croissants and a little culture:
We have no doubt that your mum is a busy bee and definitely deserves a relaxing start to her Sunday. So, we suggest a leisurely late morning brunch to ease into the day. Head to her favourite cafe and follow it up with a stroll through your local gallery’s exhibitions. We’ve got the Rosslynd Piggott exhibition high on our Mother’s Day agenda! As one of Australia’s leading contemporary artists, this dreamy showcase discovers whimsical dream states and the true beauty of the natural world around us. Plus, it’s free! Sound like something you and your mum would love to do together? Click here for more details.
If you’re Sydney bound and want to really take the festivities up a level in sophistication, have your mum dining like Marie Antoinette at The Langham’s ‘Afternoon Tea With Wedgwood’ in the heart of the hustling and bustling CBD. A beautiful afternoon spent indulging in delicious sweets and French champagne at one of Sydney’s most luxurious hotels is just what she needs. Or, if she favours a bold red and the great outdoors, why not take a Sunday drive to your local winery region. One of our all time favourites is the pristine Mornington Peninsula, south of Melbourne. At the picturesque Lindenderry Estate in Red Hill , you can enjoy a lavish and exclusive three-course lunch for Mother’s Day. Located amongst 34 stunning acres of gardens and vines, you’ll have your mum feeling like she’s been whisked away to an enchanted forest.
2. Add a touch of glam and invigoration to her space:
It’s amazing the effect our environment can have on our minds and our moods. Elements of our home truly do become just ‘part of the furniture’, and it becomes harder to relax and unwind when you’re feeling stifled in your space. So, we’ve outlined some simple ideas so you can gift your mum a refreshed home!
● Select a statement coffee table book featuring beautiful overseas locations. A perfect addition for Mum to escape to places far away, right from the comfort of
● Unbox a beautiful Scented Space White Lily Reed Diffuser and set it up in her bedroom. The delicate aroma of Vietnamese water lily will provide the most exquisite aroma throughout her most private space.
● Pick up an indoor plant in a gorgeous statement pot to place in an empty corner. Indoor greenery has been known to reduce stress levels, boost your mood and create a sense of calm and clarity. Just what she needs!
● Select a vibrant patterned pillow or cosy throw for her couch from Fenton and Fenton. A pop of colour can really inject energy and breathe new life into an everyday space.
● Seeking to create some atmosphere as you cook mum dinner? Gift her our Abode Aroma Royale Ambre candle from our new De La Terre collection. With notes of amber, orchid and water lily, this fragrance will instantly create tranquility and warmth.
3. Indulge her with a pamper session:
Massages and spa treatments are something that every woman loves, but rarely carve out the time for. Why not book your mum a day at the spa to relax, unwind and refresh her mind, body and soul. Start with a soothing full body massage, then follow up with a rejuvenating facial. For something you can do together, why not spoil her with a mani or pedi? For a day spa that offers a wide variety of completely blissful treatments, our favourite is Endota Spa. Mum will walk out feeling nothing less than royalty.
4. Treat her with beautiful blooms:
Beautiful blooms are always so special, so why not head to Mum’s favourite florist and pick up a gorgeous array of fresh whites and vibrant greens. We also love the array of online flower gift services that deliver beautiful fresh blooms to a loved one, all via the click of a button. Daily Blooms is our go-to, sourcing locally grown flowers from Australian farmers, to create stunning unique arrangements delivered to Melbourne and Sydney front doors. Mother’s Day blooms wouldn’t be complete without their classic partner in love - candles. Our Abode Aroma De la Terre Fleur Blanc is our recommendation to pair with a fresh bouquet. Each candle has been hand poured with the rich spells of gardenia, jasmine and musk, finished off with a beautiful alabaster resin lid. This is a gift that you can judge by its cover.
5. Surprise her with some comedy or a canvas!
If your mum is more of a night owl, why not plan a full evening of the sure-fire combination: dinner and a show. The comedy festival is touring throughout Perth and Sydney over Mother’s Day weekend, and will guarantee your mum ends her night in a fit of laughter. Or, if you want to take your mum along to something that may be a little outside her comfort zone, get a little creative and spend a few hours with a paintbrush in hand at Brisbane’s Cork and Chroma class. The class will take you step by step through a popular masterpiece between sips of wine and tunes - perfect for even the most novice of painters!
Regardless of how you choose to celebrate this Mother’s Day – going for a walk, seeing a movie, or grabbing a bite to eat – be sure to show your mum just how grateful you are for her today and every day, because that’s what Mother’s Day is truly about.